Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Thursday, November 8, 2012

The AH HA moment you get when your house has had a major weight loss

I cant stress enough how important it is to live in a clean d-cluttered space. Time and time again I make over peoples homes for re sale and as we all know by now, a home will appeal to a larger number of potential buyers when it has been edited, cleaned and brought up to date. The feeling that overcomes you when your home has had a major weight loss is unbelievable!



What is staging for Sale?

Staging is simply the art of improving the chances of selling a property by making the most of the spaces and showing off its best features so it appeals to the majority of potential buyers. Most home buyers begin their search on the internet as an information source. The pictures they see there are the first and sometimes the only chance to make a good impression. Unappealing photos put homes at a serious competitive advantage and lead to the elimination of these properties from the buyers viewing lists. Visionary Spaces stage’s properties to potentially sell faster and maximize selling price in any market. I do my best to showcase your home so it stands out from the rest.

What is Staging to stay?

Staging to stay is pretty much the same except you add your personality and personal items to the mix. Basically it is a space that is always neat, clean and ready to welcome you home everyday and offers you a stress free place in which you can relax and enjoy with your family and friends.

How can an organized space help you?

Well for one thing it looks neat and clean. Organizing your space gives the opportunity to get rid of things you no longer need and find things you thought you lost. If you plan to move why not start d-cluttering depersonalizing and packing now. Not only will this make your house look more spacious and tidy you will have a greater advantage when showing your home. Potential buyers are buying the space, not your belongings. It is so important not to create any distractions or emotions from viewers. Besides once you sell, you’re mostly packed.

I just finished my latest staging job and like every other time I have before and after photos and when I show my clients those pictures I love the reaction they have. Almost everyone that goes through this process has a life changing moment. Its hard to explain until you go through it yourself but I want to tell you what my last client said.

As you will see from the photos this family lived in a pretty cluttered home and I was working together with the homeowner which I'll call T in this case and we talked quite a bit. My client "T" and family have moved here 12 years ago from Europe and shipped all their furniture and belongs with them. In Europe they lived in a 1500 sq ft flat living minimalistic and here they purchased a 2800 sq ft house with a basement and garage living cluttered. Every room, the entire basement and garage was full of stuff and it wasn't organized in any way. T told me that when she lived in Europe she dressed well every day, went to work feeling great and had much more energy. Here she had a closet full of nice clothes she wears jeans and t-shirt every day.

Letting go of stuff is hard for most people but once you get started and realize how good you begin to feel as you are letting go of all that extra weight in the house that's the part I love to witness. Its the AH HA moment. The moment of new beginnings and life style. T had a hard time at first but her AH HA moment was when I organized her walk in closet and by the end of the project she was so excited full of energy and ready to move and pledged an oath to herself that she will never let clutter and mess weigh her down any more.

Keep in mind no painting was done and no additional items were purchased for this project. These are a few of the rooms that were completed.

B4


After






B4


After





B4

After





B4

After





B4

After






B4

After




B4

After


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.