Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Thursday, May 3, 2012

Passion for Food and Decor

I love to eat I guess that's where my passion for cooking comes from. The eyes and nose play a very important part in how you respond to what you see and smell. I truly believe that so first of all make it taste great then plate it so it looks delicious even if its just for you. Often times I am alone for lunch and I do cook for just myself but I never just throw it on the plate I always treat myself with the same elegance I give to my family or guests. like with Decor and staging your eyes judge everything you see and your nose judges how you expect it to taste.

Table settings whether its casual or fancy, set the stage for your meals and the food is the icing on the cake just as the accessories such as Art, rugs, pillow and throws are to your room scape. Combining food and decor is done all the time, they work hand in hand.

Have fun with it and use your hidden talents to give your meals flair, it really does taste better when it looks great!




Eggplant Supreme

Baked Artichokes

Chickpea fritters

Skinless Breaded Baked Chicken Dinner W/Baked Potato's and Slaw

Quinoa Pancakes

Corn Muffins

Lentil salad

Veggie Fritters

Roast Chicken and Potato's

Quiche


Cod and potato fritters

Lemon Chicken

Fried Artichokes

Chicken Chili

Sausage and Potato pie

Proscuitto & Bocconcini

Linguine con Gamberi

Mango Arugula Strawberry Salad

Parsley in Oil


Mushroom Risotto



Some Simple Ideas for Setting The Stage



Mothers Day Special Breakfast

Casual setting

Pizza Night


Simple buffet luncheon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cool!

Maria Arangio said...

Wow, great photography and cooking. I love eggplant too. The tricky part is getting the rest of my family to like it. That supreme just looks amazing!