Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Sunday, June 17, 2012

Donato Artisan Farms Grand Opening

We constantly hear that we should be buying local and support our community and farmers. Why? Well its not just about that. Yes its great to give support and help our own community earn a living but its really a lot more than that. I remember when I was young my parents would often visit local farmers and buy a lot of various types of produce and meats when in season. By use of canning, freezing or curing methods was how things were stored for consumption throughout the year. Somewhere along that path all that was starting to become a thing of the past. Shopping from large big box stores which offered lower prices for mass produced meat and produce was becoming the new way. I dont know a lot about mass market meats and produce but from what I read its not pretty.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed our egg yolks have lost their colour, yolks used to be deep yellow orange colour. Chicken meat is pale and white and beef is not a natural deep red and tasty anymore probably due to mass production and growth hormones and who know what else. We add so many sauces and condiments to our meats because they really have no natural flavor of their own anymore.

Do your homework and find a local farmer or supplier you can trust and re-open your taste buds again and judge for yourself.

Yesterday was the grand opening of Donato Artisan Farms located at 7255 Hwy 9 in Schomberg, Ontario. www.donatoartisanfarm.com They sell wholesale to the public and offer old world knowledge and their Natural Dry Age Program successfully allows the beef to achieve rich flavours, a ruby red complexion and a silkiness type feel that slides across one's palette. Patrizio and Sil Donato, the owners hosted a lovely gathering offering tastings of their product. What can I say but mouth watering deliciousness.



Patrizio Donato has a wealth of knowledge,experience and passion for his business and supplies to many high end restaurants and executive Chefs that share the same passion.




Pat thanks his wife Sil for all the love, help and support she has given him to make this dream come true.



I purchased some strip loin steaks from Pat for today that I will be making for Fathers Day. I will just add a light rub of extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkling of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and the BBQ grill.

This is what I am making for my husbands Fathers Day Special Dinner/Surf and Turf

4 Dry Age Sriploin Steaks.
Extra virgin olive oil, a light rub over steaks.
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.

4 skewers of shell on shrimp (5 per skewer)
Extra virgin olive oil, a light rub over steaks.
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
BBQ until just pink then drizzle with butter

4 Corn on the cob, grilled
butter, salt and pepper to taste.

4 Baked potatoes
Light sour cream, chopped chives, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

mixed greens salad
olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.








Me and Pat



Pat gives loving special thanks to his Wife Sil and Daughter Alessia



Pat gives Special Thanks to Maria Arangio--Creative Director, Creativo Advertising



Ribbon cutting with the Mayor of Schomberg Steve Pellegrini



Diana, Elia, Maria and myself in front of Pats truck



The succulent meats on the BBQ we got to taste :)


Pat and Alex




These little people are the reason why we need to eat better, need I say more?


Family and friends enjoying the day


3 comments:

Antonietta Vizcaino said...

Hi I'm Pat & Sil's cousin, and Rose's cousin Antonietta.
I was at the opening of Donato Artisan Farms and Tasted the Great Foods they have to offer the Public.
I also purchased T-Bone and Strip-Loin Steaks for the BBQ. I can't wait to cook those babies up!:)
My mom,Italia, my daughter, Emily, and I, loved the meat that we ate at the opening. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!
So go by and pick up yourself a few boxes of Donato Artisan Farm Meat Products because your taste buds will thank you!!!!!!

Maria Arangio, Creativo Advertising said...

Thanks to everyone who helped make this a truly grand event. It's been a pleasure working with Donato Artisan since the business launched almost 5 years ago. We look forward to sharing their passion with everyone.

Maria Arangio, Creativo Advertising said...

Thanks to everyone who helped make this a truly grand event. It's been a pleasure working with Donato Artisan since the business launched almost 5 years ago. We look forward to sharing their passion with everyone.