Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Thursday, October 21, 2010

DIY with a little help

Being a DIYer is a great way to save money. Some people however don't have a clue how to pick paint colours or decide on a design scheme for the project. Don't panic in this case, you can still attempt doing it yourself but I will suggest to get a consultation from someone in the design/decor field. It doesn't cost a lot of money to get consultation from someone that is qualified and it will actually save you time and money making costly mistakes. Choosing paint colours is very stressful for most people and really who wants to paint the same room over and over again. A reputable colour expert will help you to choose colours that will compliment your furnishings and tastes.  If painting more than one room it is important that you have harmony throughout and if you have any trouble with that an expert eye can help. Depending on your budget you can hire a professional designer or decorator just for a consultation on furniture placement or purchase ideas. Once you have the plan it will give you a vision and you can go ahead and do all the work yourself.

Rose Arangio

No comments: