Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Create A Special Romantic Valentine's Evening for your Sweetheart

Are you the kind of person that loves to go decor crazy on every occasion? Some of us just cant wait for the next reason to spread the joy of love and happiness. If it weren't for these occasions life would be just too boring as far as I'm concerned. BUT we don't need to break the bank.

Since Valentines Day is quickly approaching and you want to make this evening memorable you'll need to do a few things.

Staging the room:

If your planning a romantic dinner for your sweetheart add some special touches to a room having a romantic table setting by using a long to the floor table cloth and draping a sheer fabric loosely over it, have helium filled balloons in reds, pinks and white, fragrant rose petals scattered on the table and maybe even on the floor.

Flowers for sure:

A beautiful bouquet in a vase on the table or a single flower on the plate or petals leading up to the table, any way you like it is the right way! Simple or extravagant, flowers say so much and come in many colours and price points. Use your imagination.

Setting the mood:

Lighting and music are your final touches and is very crucial. When you think romantic, its all about the lighting. Dim or turn off the lights. Add candles all over, the more candles the more romantic. Tea lights are very very inexpensive and last about 5 hours. Line a pathway, place around the room, on table, on a window ledge, anywhere you can think of. Candles create a beautiful glow and warmth to your room. If your lucky to have a fire place use it.
Now choose your favorite music and have it playing in the background softly.

(Please remember to use caution when using candles, never leave candles unattended)

OH! I forgot about the food. Well I don't think that's it's too important, even pizza will look great in a room like this. But for those of you that want to go all the way here's a recipe you can make. I was looking for something delicious, easy, quick and economical since I am spending time in staging my romantic room for the evening.

Gamberi Alla Romana / Roman style jumbo shrimp
using a recipe from Marinellisauce.com


Ingredients:

- 2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 3 Red Chilies, fresh or 6 dried
- 1 jar Marinelli’s Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp (uncooked), peeled & de-veined
- 1 cup Fresh Basil (freshly chopped)
- Pasta Noodles (Linguine / Fettucine)

1. Over medium heat, in a large skillet, add approx. 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the 3 cloves of minced garlic & chilies, gently stir & let simmer, stirring occasionally. (In the meantime add your pasta to boiling salted water.) After the garlic begins to slightly caramelize add the jar of Tomato Basil Sauce and gently stir.

2. Adjust heat to medium-high heat, add the shrimp to the sauce and cook until they are pink, flipping half way, (approx. 2-3 minutes each side.) Drain the pasta and add to the shrimp. Add the chopped mint or basil, gently toss or stir. Adjust salt & pepper to taste. (If you find the sauce a bit too dry you may add a bit of the pasta water for moisture, gently stir.)

3. Garnish with basil, add a drizzle of olive oil on top. OMG TDF

This dinner can cost under $ 35.00 with wine,salad and a some chocolate covered strawberries that's less than take-out and it comes from the heart.




My wine choice: XOXO Cabernet/Shiraz about $9.00

Enjoy, I'd love any comments or pictures :)



Rose Arangio





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, looks delish. I'll have to try this!