Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Making pillows out of placemats?

While searching for bargains at a fabric store closing liquidation sale, I spotted 2 brown silk place mats for 2 dollars each. While Looking through ribbons and trims I found an entire bolt with about 10 meters of beautiful trim for a cost of $1.00. The place mats were perfect because they were double sided and had space in the middle for stuffing, you can check this by grabbing the center of both sides and gently pulling to see if it has this a cavity in between.

Step 1- using a stitch ripper gently open 1 end.

Step 2- fill cavity with a pillow filling

Step 3- restitch the side by hand.

That's it! You can leave it at that or add a trim to the edges. I went all the way around with mine because I had tons of it. Another suggestion is to just do the 2 ends. I use them on my bed as accent pillows.




No comments: