Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Friday, April 1, 2011

The power of colour, how does it affect you?

Did you ever wonder if colour can affect your mood? Well the answer is yes, that is why there are so many colours in paint decks. There is something to suit everyone in every culture. We choose the colours that we love when it comes to painting our homes, picking our clothes, buying cars,in foods we eat etc. Many businesses such as restaurants, special institutions, business corporations, grocery stores, schools etc all choose colours that will evoke certain emotions from people. You'll never see red in a penitentiary

A few meanings of some hues are listed below,

Red: All things intense and passionate, excitement, energy, strength, speed, heat, love, appetite stimulation

Orange: Energy, balance,warmth, vibrant, enthusiasm, attention demanding

Yellow: joy, happiness, hope, jealousy optimism, sunshine, philosophy, summer

Blue: peace, calm, tranquility, harmony, confidence, unity, sky, appetite suppressant,

Green: nature, environment, health, spring, good luck, fertility, renewal, envy

Purple: royalty, spirituality, enlightenment, nobility, wisdom, mysterious

Gray: security, old age, reliability, intelligence, solid, maturity, solid

Brown: earth, home, outdoors, comfort, simplicity, reliable, endurance

Black: power, sophistication, formality, elegance, wealth, mystery, fear, unhappiness

Can you imagine a world without colour, how boring! so take notice of colour and how it affects you when you walk into a room full of colour or look at a buffet table full of food or when you go shopping for new clothes and when you choose new paint colours for your home.

Infuse your appetites and spaces with the hues that serve your needs, show your personality and bring you joy!

Rose Arangio ..... Appetites and Spaces

No comments: