Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Perfect roasted chicken and potatoes

I love roasted chicken. Its easy to make and delicious and leftovers are great for a multitude of other dishes. A basic roast chicken can be served in a rustic family style manner or super fine depending on how you present it.

Recipe:
1 roasting chicken-wash and pat dry with paper towels
1-2 tblsp olive oil
kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper
paprika
fresh thyme
4-6 potatoes peeled and cut

I like to put my seasonings in ramekins because I just season to my taste. If you are watching your salt intake just use what you think-less is best

after washing and pat drying the chicken put the thyme and some salt and pepper into the cavity and now its time give the bird a massage with the olive oil, this will help the seasonings to stick to the skin.
Place on a roasting tray, I like to line it with parchment and place into a 375 degree oven for about 1hour and half. Baste with it's own juices every 30 min (this will make it crispy and shiny.

If you want to add potatoes wash and cut into wedges, season with salt,pepper and paprika and put around the chicken half way through cooking (45 min). There is enough juices from the chicken to coat the potatoes no need to add any oil.

That's it, so easy all you have to add is some vegetables of your choice and serve.

My table setting choice would be "family style" using a large platter with chicken pieces and potatoes together. It looks so appetizing and gives people a choice of which piece and how much to take. Simple white plates and napkins will allow the food to be the focal point. Add some brightly coloured vegetables and bottle of white wine, some hungry people will be all you need.

Leftovers ideas: remove all meat from the bones and store for another day to make great sandwiches, soups or salads. If you love leftovers make 2 chickens at a time, that's what I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this idea, your chicken looks amazing!

Kelly said...

Yummy Rose!! I am going to try it!