Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mothers Day Special Treat

Treat your mother with a special table setting that will make her feel like a queen. If you dont have any cooking skills even a simple boiled with toast and tea will look like an amazing deal served this way. If you do have some culinary flair then make this recipe that will surely please.

Quinoa Pancakes

Ingredients


• 1 cup cooked quinoa
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
• 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg white
• 1/4 cup butter milk
• Butter or vegetable spray for griddle
• 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
• Fresh fruit for serving

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together quinoa, flour, baking powder, and salt. In another medium bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, butter, milk, and syrup until smooth. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and whisk to combine.

2. Lightly coat a large non-stick skillet or griddle with butter or vegetable spray and heat over medium-high. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on top, 2 minutes. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes (lower heat if browning too fast). Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more melted butter or spray and remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit or dusting of powdered sugar or cocoa if desired.

Yield Makes about 12





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How lovely!