Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Monday, January 10, 2011

Does your home decor style mimic your fashion style?

I have taken some time lately to examine the similarity of a persons fashion style and compare it to their Interior decor style and sense.

  My first subject was myself, that's how this all began. Although I love colour and helping others choose the perfect colours for their homes, I myself took a look in my closet and saw mostly black, some white, creams and greys and not much else. I then looked at my accessories (scarves, jewelery, shoes) and thats where the colour was. Reds, golds, greens, yellows, blues, silvers and animal prints. It was also pretty organized and clean. For as long as I can remember my first choice in clothing was always black, I have always been drawn to it. Mysterious, dramatic and elegance is what I see in black. My hair and makeup must be always done. Having said that I always added some small accessory (maybe just red lipstick did the trick) that was bold and colorful that made a statement.
  I then stood back and looked at my own interior space and I saw the same thing it was amazing actually. Every time I shopped for my personal space it didn't really matter what I bought always seemed to work in my decor.  Let me explain why. I love neutrals so I chose a beautiful colour by Benjamin Moore called Edgecomb gray for all my walls, some think that might be boring but I love it. It seems to take on a different shade at different times of the day, and also depending on which exposure direction the natural light is coming from affects it as well. My furniture is mostly black, glass or dark wood which leaves me to add my pops of colour in my accessories and moods with lighting. I love trend and new colours that go with it, Like my dressing I love to play with colour in small but effective amounts. Buying pillows, throws and accessories doesn't really break the budget, and I can do it a few times in year. Since my backdrop is neutral I can have 1 or more different colours per room.
  Don't throw anything when you change things up, store them and reuse them again as the colour will come back or better still play around with your accessories and move them to another room and give that room an updated look.


  I looked next at some of my friends, family and clients. where as before I would concentrate on their spaces and their needs and wants when doing a consultation, I also took attention to look at how they dress and accessorized and it made more sense.  Most people looked the same as their decor. sounds funny but its true.


Give it a try and let me know your thoughts.

No comments: