Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How to give your closets and shelves the "WOW"factor

  Most people use their closets as a place to store anything and everything, which creates that really messy and cluttered place that you don't want anyone to see. Most often we cant even find what we are looking for through all that stuff.

  Creating a closet with wow is easier than you think, de-cluttering, a little paint, re-organization, a few cool storage boxes and viola! you will want to keep the door open and show it off.

  Weather you using your closet for clothes, home office, kids desk or linens you can make it look terrific.  Firstly remove everything and assess you space, then make up some rough drawings and notes according to what your needs are you can decide how to divide up the space with the use of shelves, dividers and or table.

  Now the fun part, choose a great wall paper or complementary paint colour that will go with the room that the closet is in. You can go bold and dramatic or soft subtle.   Next place your shelves and or bars.

  Begin to place your things back in, in an orderly and neat manor. Use coordinating colour baskets to store things in, this will keep things looking neat, add colour and keep you organized. There are so many great storage ideas in specialty storage stores, I like to go to Solutions in Canada, its an organized living solutions store that has great everything you could possibly need to address your needs. Its good just to go and get ideas before you decide to take on the task. There web site is  solution-stores.ca  

  Whatever you do don't put back things you don't use, need or haven't used in a year, donate or recycle.

You will be proud of your new space and probably want to show it off.

No comments: