Welcome

I love cooking food and decorating spaces. I have spent many years learning and refining my skills for the things I am so passionate about. With my blog I want to share suggestions, tips and ideas with hopes to inspire you to become a savvy host and house proud yourself. I am passionate about anything food and home decor and have always thought that the two go hand in hand. My background is Italian and I get my inspirations for food from a family of great cooks. I love to experiment with old favorites and add my own touch to make it new, lighter and healthier. I love coming up with new dishes by just looking in the fridge and using up whatever is in there that day. Some of my best dinner parties were simple foods prepared with passion and the right ambiance and then share it with really great people . I would welcome any comments, ideas or questions.

Check out my other Blog: "Stagionista" for Staging tips and pics http://stagionista.blogspot.ca

Rose Arangio


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Home party buffet tips and hints

Buffets are a great way to serve large groups of people and when having a party. When have a buffet at home you will need to create a place in which to set up your food. Depending on your space you can use the kitchen counter, and island or pop up tables. A good flow is important when laying out your items as you want to avoid confusion and direction. If you have the space keep table away from the wall to allow access from all sides but if not no worries.

Because there will be so many things and colours on the table, a plain table cloth will work best as you want your food to be showcased and not looked cluttered. To maximize your area surface using tiers will allow for more items and create visual interest as well. Tiers can be created by simply putting sturdy boxes or bowls under the table cloth to create various heights. There are also tier plate holders and stands as well a chaffing dishes to keep foods warm available to buy or rent.

The china, napkins and cutlery should all be in one are together, this will help guests to have a starting point and gather all they need and move along. Set up glass ware and drinks and desserts on a small table in another section to allow for free flow of the food table.

Use your own flare and discretion for the food placement but its best to keep things in a logical order such as napkins, cutlery, dishes, appetizers, main entree foods, sides, salads. Try to make foods that can be made ahead of time and warmed up before serving and use foods with lots of colours and textures so it looks appetizing.

No comments: